Best overall: pocket sized, charges quickly, integrated cables
There are smaller chargers with integrated cables, but this one has the best balance of features while still being small enough to carry in your pocket on the go (although maybe not that comfortably for some people).
- 6000 mAh: 3 charges for iPhone 7
- Charges quickly at 2.4 amps (pretty much fastest for these)
- Both a Lightning (MFi certified) and Micro USB cable
- Bonus LED flashlight
- Need more power? Jackery offers a similar 10,050 mAh version
Anker PowerCore Slim 5000
Best slim power bank without integrated cables
If you don't care about integrated cables, this slim option (slimmer than the Jackery Bolt) fits easily into pockets while still charging quickly (2 amps) and with enough juice. Smaller options don't provide enough power for most people while not being much smaller either.
- 5000 mAh: 2.5 charges of an iPhone 7
- Anti-slip material for a better grip
- Combine with a 6 inch 2-in-1 cable and it can basically charge any device without much extra bulk
- Red Dot design award winner (we're suckers for design awards 😍)
Anker PowerCore 20100
Best big battery pack for 3+ charges
If you need more power for a longer trip or a trip with friends, this power bank has a lot of juice in a fairly small package with fast charging speeds. You could fit it into a bigger jacket pocket, but it's probably better suited in a bag.
- 20,100 mAh: 6.5 charges for an iPhone 7
- 2 USB ports that can both charge devices quickly (2.4 amps) vs. others that slow down when more devices are plugged in
- Have an Android device with QuickCharge? Check the Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 QC
Omnicharge Omni 20
If you need AC power for bigger devices like laptops
Bigger devices like MacBooks or music equipment require AC power. Until recently, that meant plugging into a wall but now there's a new class of power banks that can do the job. They're expensive, but they're by far the best mobile option.
The Omnicharge Omni 20 is our favorite. It can quickly charge nearly any device you throw at it, is a bit smaller than comparable power banks, and has an efficient conversion rate so you lose as little power as possible.