Schwab Bank Investor Checking
Best overall debit card for frequent travelers
This card is as close to the ideal travel debit card as it gets. Not only does Schwab not charge any fees but they also refund any ATM fees you incur when using it across the world which is rare. Great customer service as well.
- No account minimum for the checking, but it does come with an extra brokerage account (that you don't have to use)
- Website and mobile apps are average, but getting better
- You incur a "hard pull" aka a temporary credit score drop when applying so make sure you really need it
Capital One 360
For the occasional traveler that still wants a good bank
Travel-wise, the Capital One 360 is slightly worse than Schwab: no foreign transaction fees but they don't refund foreign ATM fees. However, it's easier to open an account since it's an internet based bank and they have a better website/app. It's a good choice if you don't travel as often but still want a bank that's generally travel friendly.
- No account minimum and doesn't come with an unnecessary brokerage account like Schwab
- Will only do a "hard pull" if you opt for overdraft protection
- Nerdwallet review of the Capital One 360