AirComfy Daydreamer Neck Pillow
Best overall travel pillow
This option has the best balance of features among U shaped neck pillows: a large neck support area, inflatable, lightweight, easy to wash, and easy to set up.
- Easy 60 second push button inflation, no need to blow into any valve
- Soft velvet cover is easily removed for washing
- Packs down easily into a carabiner carrying case
- Raised arch neck supports your head and neck more than typical neck pillows
If you prefer memory foam
Memory foam pillows are much heavier and less packable than inflatable options, but for many people they're more comfortable. The Cabeau Evolution is a time tested option with a patented back shape that won't push your head forward compared to typical U shaped neck pillows.
- Cover made of a comfortable velour that's easily removed for washing
- Has a media pouch for your mobile device and adjustable toggles
AirComfy Multi-Purpose Travel Pillow
Best multipurpose travel pillow
This is a great option if you want a pillow for purposes in addition neck/head support like lumbar support or when laying down where a U shaped pillow won't work as well.
- Self inflatable: Just twist the valve and it's ready to use in seconds
- Inner foam material provides support even if there’s no air
- Made of an easy to clean fabric that just wipes down
- Elastic band for securely strapping the pillow to headrests
If pillows don't work well for you
For people who can't get comfortable with typical neck pillows, the Trtl is worth a try. It technically isn't a pillow but more of a structured neck supporting scarf made for sleeping while seated. Instead of leaning on a window, you lean into the scarf.
- Made of a soft, hypo-allergenic fleece that's easy to wash
- Scarf shape is lightweight and easily packable
- Video review showing how it works